StartseiteNeueste BilderAnmeldenLogin
Neueste Themen
» Wo und wie Alex sich fit hält...
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon eviesus Sa Sep 18, 2021 7:10 am

» Uralte Bildchen von denen keiner mehr genau weiß wie/wo/wann...
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon leiCa Sa Jul 31, 2021 1:32 pm

» Interview mit PacBleu
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon leiCa Fr Jan 22, 2021 6:20 pm

» Technische Probleme
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon eviesus Sa Nov 07, 2020 8:36 am

» Bilder - Sabber Thread
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon aussielover So Okt 18, 2020 11:23 am

» Episode 10.22 Aloha (Serien Finale)
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon Kasi So Mai 03, 2020 7:33 pm

» Episode 10.21 “A ‘ohe ia e loa’a aku, he ulua kapapa no ka moana
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon Kasi Do Apr 09, 2020 5:09 pm

» Episode 10.20 He pūhe‘e miki
Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimevon Malihini Do März 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Shoutbox
Affiliates

Alex O'Loughlin Worldwide

AOL Intense Studies

Mostly 50

Blogspot

alex-oloughlin.blogspot

Verspürst Du das drängende Bedürfnis alles was in Deinem Alex-verdrehten Kopf vorgeht mit der Welt zu teilen?
Dann brauchen wir DICH!

Für unser Team suchen wir tatkräftige Blogger Verstärkung!
MELDE DICH bei einem Admin/Co-Admin oder Moderator.

Interview über Taylor's Gift Bloggergesucht-1

Teilen | 

Interview über Taylor's Gift

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Malihini
Co-Star
Malihini

Weiblich Anzahl der Beiträge : 1662

Interview über Taylor's Gift Empty
BeitragThema: Interview über Taylor's Gift   Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimeFr Apr 08, 2016 6:59 am

Alex O'Loughlin: What Taylor's Gift Means To Me

Alex O'Loughlin, spokesperson for Taylor’s Gift and lead actor on the hit CBS television series Hawaii Five-0 recently sat down with us for an interview. We asked him several questions about his thoughts on organ donation and his experience with Taylor’s Gift. His passion for our mission is admirable and we hope you sit back and enjoy reading this incredible interview with Alex.

Interview über Taylor's Gift Aol21814

TGF: Hello Alex, thank you for taking time to answer a few questions for us. We absolutely love the work that you do to share the mission and message of Taylor’s Gift! We'd like to ask you some questions related to your involvement with the Foundation and what “Outlive Yourself” means to you!

What made Taylor's Gift Foundation stand out to you when you initially learned about the Foundation?

AO: I was on Three Rivers at the time, which was all about transplant medicine and the importance of it. I had been working with Donate Life America in a spokesperson type role and when I heard Taylor's story I was deeply moved. This is what the whole thing is about. The way her parents keep her memory alive is inspirational and life giving.

TGF: Why was the Taylor’s Gift story so meaningful to you to take action?

AO: I suppose I had never actually met anyone who had been so directly affected by organ donation before. To hear Taylor's story, especially from her own parents was profoundly moving. It's also a profoundly human story. That one young girl’s terrible misfortune could be turned around to save multiple lives...It still astonishes me and as a parent, to see the strength and spirit in Tara & Todd and how they have, and continue to handle Taylor's passing gives me hope for my own capacity to be human.

TGF: Why do you think it's important to increase the conversation about the importance of organ donation?

AO: I don't think organ donation is something people talk about much because it can be confusing. Sometimes even people who are registered organ donors can feel like they should change their mind after a while. Talking about it, the importance of it, and the impact organ donation can have on the lives of others brings us back to the real reasons we become passionate about it. Because it's an opportunity to do something incredibly powerful.

TGF: Why did you want to support Taylor's Gift as a spokesperson?

AO: I really believed in their mission and what they stood for. I also thought I might be able to make a difference. They were doing such a great job with something so important, I knew that if more people in the world could see what Taylor's parents were doing in her memory that it would inspire more support for the organization but also inspire more change in people's beliefs and attitudes.

TGF: Have you seen others in your life affected by the “Outlive Yourself” mentality?

AO: To be honest it's a tough one. I'm pretty passionate about it but some people just can't get their head around it. I think they feel so attached to their organs that they can't imagine or handle the thought of someone taking them after death. I do think, however, that people close to me have been moved by the sentiment. I have seen my friends and family have moments where they each really think hard about it and that is the reason I'm doing this. If I can get someone to stop what they're doing and actually contemplate the Outlive Yourself mentality, it's a good day.

TGF: What does the phrase, “Outlive Yourself” mean to you?

AO:  I have a little saying- "This whole Being Human thing, it's the toughest gig in town". And I mean it, it really is an enormous challenge. Being human and walking the earth is a tough ask and if we can give each other a little help along the way then I say we do. We are after all, essentially all the same.To Outlive Yourself means making a difference in the lives of others.

TGF: Why should someone support Taylor's Gift Foundation?

AO: Because it represents humanity in a way that is rare and special.

We are thrilled that Alex has joined us on this incredible journey with Taylor’s Gift to Regift Life, Renew Health and Restore Families.  Join Alex and the countless others who have registered to be an organ donor and Outlive Yourself by clicking the link above! If you’d like to find out more ways to get involved with our work at Taylor’s Gift, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or click here to support our work directly!

Quelle: Taylor's Gift Team
Nach oben Nach unten
leiCa
Co-Admin
leiCa

Weiblich Anzahl der Beiträge : 6554

BeitragThema: Re: Interview über Taylor's Gift   Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimeFr Apr 08, 2016 11:51 am

Was für ein tolles Interview! Der Mann hat das Herz am rechten Fleck UND Empathie UND Verstand!
Ich finde das Engagement der Eltern von Taylor bemerkens- und bewundernswert. Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass nichts davon irgendwie einfach war. Und mit Alex haben sie den richtigen Unterstützer gefunden.

It still astonishes me and as a parent, to see the strength and spirit in Tara & Todd and how they have, and continue to handle Taylor's passing gives me hope for my own capacity to be human.

This whole Being Human thing, it's the toughest gig in town.

To Outlive Yourself means making a difference in the lives of others.

Und wer jetzt immer noch keinen Organspendeausweis hat... LOS!

Danke Malihini! Du und Kasi ihr seid unsere frühen Vögel hier!
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.instagram.com/pinsel2go/
aussielover
Manager
aussielover

Weiblich Anzahl der Beiträge : 543

BeitragThema: Re: Interview über Taylor's Gift   Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitimeFr Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

In Österreich ist JEDER Organspender, ausser er hat zu Lebzeiten diesem widersprochen. Also bin ich seit Geburt ein Organspender und das finde ich sehr gut so.
Finde es auch sehr schön, wenn sich jemand wie Alex für eine so wichtige Sache einsetzt, vor allem dort wo es nicht so ist wie bei uns.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Interview über Taylor's Gift   Interview über Taylor's Gift Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Interview über Taylor's Gift

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben